FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How will I know my registration has been accepted? You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with an order number. Should you have any questions, we may be reached by phone from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. M-F at 1 (323) 236-7676 or by email at: email@example.com.
2. Are scholarships available? Unfortunately, no. Many attendees work with their teachers/schools to fundraise and/or find private scholarships. Where there is a will, there is a way!
3. What if I do not know anyone there? The goal of our conference is to introduce you to other motivated students just like you who hope to be doctors someday. Because you will be rotating through lectures, Q & A sessions, and hands-on simulations all day, you will have ample time to get to know other attendees.
4. Do I need a chaperone? No. We have a full staff of doctors, nurses, and health care practitioners.
5. When should I register? The sooner the better, so you are not put on the waitlist.
6. What do I need to bring? Treat our conference as you would a normal school day. Have a backpack. Be prepared to take notes by hand or electronically. Lunch is provided, but please bring snacks and a water bottle.
7. What do I need to wear? You will be on your feet during the simulations, so be sure to have close-toed comfy shoes. Apart from that, regular school attire, as long as it is not offensive, is fine.
8. What ages can come? We accept applicants will be age 14-20 on June 21, 2019.
9. Can I invite my friends? Absolutely! Direct them to our website and have them email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
10. How often will this happen? Emerge is a once-a-year event.
11. Where do I park? We suggest the Gilman Parking Structure at UC San Diego OR the Torrey Pines Gliderport. This option is free and requires a leisurely walk through campus.