Will YOU Be a Doc in a Decade?
As a senior in high school you are:
- ONE year away from college
- TWO years away from picking a college major
- THREE years away from taking the MCAT and applying to medical schools
- FOUR years away from earning a Bachelor’s Degree
- FIVE years away from starting medical school
- SIX years away from taking the USMLE Step 1
- SEVEN years away from rotating through the major medical specialties
- EIGHT years away from taking the taking the USMLE Step 2 and interviewing for a residency
- NINE years away from beginning residency and taking the USMLE Step 3
- TEN years away from becoming a board-certified physician
Spend a life-changing day on the beautiful UCSD campus experiencing hands-on training in a variety of life-saving simulations, meeting and being taught by world-class physicians and nurses, and acquainting yourself with the steps required to become a physician. Join other motivated high school students from around Southern California who are ready to emerge as the medical professionals of tomorrow.
Led by Dr. Zack Shinar and Dr. Andrew Eads, attendees will spend the day rotating through informative and engaging lectures by practicing physicians and nurses, Q & A sessions, and hands-on simulations in the state-of-the-art Medical Education and Telemedicine Building at the University of California, San Diego.