Thought ya’ll might interested in this Scholarship Essay Contest! from International College Counselor’s Website.
“Brag about your high school or homeschool experience. What do you like best about it?
Two winners will be selected: One (1) from Miami-Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach County; and one (1) at large winner from anywhere in the world, domestic or international. Both winners will receive a $250 scholarship provided by International College Counselors. The goal of the International College Counselors High School Essay Contest is to increase awareness of the value of higher education among high school students in the local area.
ARRANGEMENTS AND RULES
Write an essay that addresses the following topic:
Brag about your high school or homeschool experience. What do you like best about it?
- 500 Word Essay
- Current high school student (9th-11th Grade)
- One submittal per contestant
- Entries must be submitted via mail to:
International College Counselors: 3107 Stirling Road, Suite 208 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
There will be two awards of $250 Student Scholarships for winning essays.
Essay Deadline: March 30, 2018
OFFICIAL RULES AND GUIDELINES ELIGIBILITY
- International College Counselors Scholarship is open to all 9th-11th grade high school students. Two winners will be selected: One (1) from Miami-Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach County; and one (1) at large winner from anywhere in the world, domestic or international. Home schooled students and International students are eligible. Winners will be notified the week of May 1, 2017.
- Two winning essays will be selected, and winners will each receive a $250 International College Counselors scholarship payable to the winner or the college/university, certified trade school in the United States.
- Winners names will be posted on the International College Counselors website: https://www.internationalcollegecounselors.com
- Contestants must compose and submit an original essay in English of no longer than five hundred (500) words that addresses the following topic: Brag about your high school or homeschool experience. What do you like best about it?
- MAIL SUBMISSIONS INSTRUCTIONS: Students MUST submit their essays via mail. Entries must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2017. Entries that arrive after the entry deadline will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Each student may enter only one essay.
- Each contestant must prepare his or her own essay.
- Essays submitted must include contestant’s name, home address, telephone number, school the student attends, grade level, title of the essay and a word count.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a completed Official Student Registration Form available here
- Scholarship Application Form
- The entry form must be signed by the student’s legal guardian in the space provided.
- Privacy of contestant information will be strictly safeguarded, will not be published (except to announce name and schools of winners), and will not be used for any purpose not strictly related to this essay contest.
- Home-schooled and International students may apply as long as your course of study is equivalent to that of a junior in high school.
- It is not necessary for a student to have a sponsoring teacher in order to participate in this contest.
- A copy of the two winning 1st place essays may be submitted to local newspapers for possible publication.
- All submissions must be post marked by March 30, 2018
- Entries will be judged for the accuracy and relevance of content, originality, clarity, insight, and the quality of the writing (including spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.). The winners will be selected by the International College Counselors Essay Contest Judging Committee. Decisions of the Judging Committee are final.
- Entries will be judged anonymously and will not be returned to students. Each essay submitted must be the work of one student and may not be the collective work of more than one student. By submitting an essay, applicants certify that their essays are original, authored solely by them and that in writing their essay they did not plagiarize or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third parties.
- Winners will be notified by mail, phone, and/or email. We apologize in advance that we won’t be able to respond to everyone who is not selected as a finalist due to the number of entries we expect. We wholeheartedly appreciate your participation, and we wish we could let everyone know how much we liked his or her thoughts.”